UFR 4-18 References
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Flow and heat transfer in a pin-fin array
Underlying Flow Regime 4-18
- I. Afgan, Y. Kahil, S. Benhamadouche and P. Sagaut (2011). Large Eddy Simulation of the flow around single and side-by-side cylinders at subcritical Reynolds numbers. Physics of Fluids, Vol. 23, 075101.
- I. Afgan, C. Moulinec, R. Prosser, and D. Laurence (2007). Large eddy simulation of turbulent flow for wall mounted cantilever cylinders of aspect ratio 6 and 10. Int. J. Heat Fluid Flow 28, 561.
- F.E. Ames and L. A. Dvorak (2006a). Turbulent Transport in Pin-Fin Arrays: Experimental Data and Predictions. ASME J. of Turbomachinery, Vol. 128, pp. 71-81.
- F.E. Ames and L. A. Dvorak (2006b). The Influence of Reynolds Number and row Position on Surface Pressure Distributiions in Staggered Pin Fin Arrays. Proc. GT2006 ASME Turbo Expo 2006: Power for Land, Sea and Air, May 8-11, Barcelona, Spain.
- F. E. Ames, L. A. Dvorak and L. J. Morrow (2005). Turbulent Augmentation of Internal Convection Over Pins in Staggered Pin-Fin Arrays. ASME J. of Turbomachinery, Vol. 127, pp. 183-190.
- F. E. Ames, C. A. Nordquist and L. A. Klennert (2007). Endwall heat transfer measurements in a staggered pin-fin array with an adiabatic pin. Proc. GT2007 ASME Turbo Expo 2007: Power for Land, Sea and Air, May 14-17, Montreal, Canada
- F. Archambeau, N. Mechitoua and M. Sakiz. Code Saturne: A Finite Volume Code for the Computation of Turbulent Incompressible Flows - Industrial Applications. Int. J. Finite Vol., 1(1), 2004.
- S. Benhamadouche. Large eddy simulation with the unstructured collocated arrangement. Ph.D. thesis, The University of Manchester, TH28140, 2006.
- S. Benhamadouche, I. Afgan, F. Dehoux, R. Manceau (2012). Unsteady RANS and Large Eddy Simulation of the flow and heat transfer in a wall bounded pin matrix, Turbulence, Heat and Mass Transfer 7, Edts. Begell House inc., 24-27 September, Palermo, Italy. (to be published in Flow Turbulence and Combustion)
- F. Dehoux, Y. Lecocq, S. Benhamadouche, R. Manceau and L.-E. Brizzi (2012). Algebraic modeling of the turbulent heat fluxes using the elliptic blending approach - application to forced and mixed convection regimes. Flow, Turbulence and Combustion, Vol. 88, pp 77-100, 2012.
- G. Delibra, D. Borello, K. Hanjalic and F. Rispoli (2009). URANS of flow and end-wall heat transfer in a pinned passage relevant to gas-turbine blade cooling. Int. J. Heat and Fluid Flow, Vol. 30, pp 549-560.
- G. Delibra, D. Borello, K. Hanjalic and F. Rispoli (2008). LES of flow and heat transfer in a channel with a staggered cylindrical pin matrix. In: Armenio, V., Geurts B., Fröhlich, J., (Eds.), Direct and Large-Eddy Simulation VII – Proc. 7th Inter. ERCOFTAC Workshop on Direct and Large-Eddy Simulation, Univ. of Trieste, vol.13, September 8–10, 2008, ERCOFTAC Series, Springer, 2010, ISBN: 978-90-481-3651-3.
- G. Delibra, K. Hanjalic, D. Borello and F. Rispoli (2010). Vortex structures and heat transfer in a wall-bounded pin matrix: LES with a RANS wall-treatment. Int. J. Heat and Fluid Flow, Vol. 31, pp 740-753.
- P.A. Durbin (1991). Near-wall turbulence closure modeling without damping functions. Theoret. Comput. Fluid Dynamics 3, 1-13.
- L. A. Dvorak (2004). Turbulent Augmentation of Heat Transfer off Pin and Endwall Surfaces in a Staggered Pin Fin Array. Master of Science Thesis, the University of North Dakota, December, 2004.
- A. Fadai-Ghotbi, R. Manceau and J. Borée (2008). Revisiting URANS Computations of the Backward-facing Step Flow Using Second Moment Closures. Influence of the Numerics. Flow, Turbulence and Combustion. Volume 81, Issue 3, pp 395-414
- M. Germano, U. Piomelli, P. Moin, and W. Cabot (1991). A dynamic subgridscale eddy viscosity model. Phys. Fluids. 3(7), 1760.
- M. Jacob (1938). Heat Transfer and Flow Resistance in Cross Flow of Gases Over Tube Banks. Trans. ASME, 59, pp. 384 –386.
- D. R. Laurence, J. C. Uribe, and S. V. Utyuzhnikov (2005). A robust formulation of the v2–f model. Flow Turbul. Combust. 73, 169–185.
- S. A. Lawson, A. A. Thrift, K. A. Thole and A. Kohli (2011). Heat transfer from multiple row arrays of low aspect ratio pin fins. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 54 4099–4109.
- D. Lilly (1992). A proposed modification of the Germano subgrid-scale closure method. Phys. Fluids. 4, 633.
- R. Manceau and K. Hanjalic (2002). Elliptic blending model: A new near-wall Reynolds-stress turbulence closure. Phys. Fluids 14, 744–754.
- F. R. Menter (1994). Two-equation eddy-viscosity turbulence models for engineering applications. AIAA J. 32, 1598–1605.
- D. E. Metzger, C. S. Fan and W. B. Shepard (1982). Pressure Loss and Heat Transfer Through Multiple Rows of Short Pins. Heat Transfer 1982, 3, Hemisphere, Washington, DC, pp. 137–142.
- R. J. Moffat (1988). Describing Uncertainties in Experimental Results. Experimental and Fluid Science, 1, pp 3-17.
- C. A. Nordquist (2006). Pin Fin End Wall Heat Transfer Distributioin with an Adiabatic Pin Acquired using an Infrared Camera. Master of Science Thesis, the University of North Dakota, June, 2006.
- P. Parnaudeau, J. Carlier, D. Heitz, and E. Lamballais (2008). Experimental and numerical studies of the flow over a circular cylinder at Reynolds number 3900. Phys. Fluids 20, 085101.
- Y. Rao, Y. Xu and C. Wana (2012). An experimental and numerical study of flow and heat transfer in channels with pin fin-dimple and pin fin arrays. Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science 38 237–247.
- G. J. Van Fossen (1982). Heat-transfer coefficients for staggered arrays of short pin fins. ASME Journal of Engineering for Power, 104, pp. 268-274.
Contributed by: Sofiane Benhamadouche — EDF
© copyright ERCOFTAC 2021